We are a class of reception and year one children aged between four and six. The children enjoy doing lots of practical activities, both indoors and outdoors.
Class Teacher: Mr Biggins
Class Teacher and Teaching assistant: Mrs Shirley Williamson
Class Teacher: Mr Hoskin teaches one afternoon a week in Class 1
We follow the curriculum guidance for the Early Years Foundation Stage and the National Curriculum.
Work is planned across seven areas of learning:
- Personal, social and emotional development
- Communication and language: listening and attention, understanding, speaking
- Physical development: moving and handling, health and self-care
- Literacy: reading and writing
- Mathematics: numbers, counting, shape, and measure
- Understanding the world
- Expressive arts and design
We work on topics and themes, which provides learning opportunities through lots of interesting activities and investigations. We also respond to the children’s particular needs and interests in planning our topics.
- Reading books are changed every day or whenever the book needs changing
We will use our outdoor play area as much as possible during all weathers. We will also try to use the climbing frames in the big playground, when the weather is dry enough.
Click on our current timetable and topic below